- The Vatican – The official website for the Vatican.
- Courage -Courage is a spiritual support system which assist men and women with same-sex attractions in living chaste lives in fellowship, truth and love.
- Ministry with Lesbian and Gay Catholics – The Ministry with Lesbian and Gay Catholics was founded by Cardinal Roger Mahony on February 4, 1986 and is supported throughout the Archdiocese of Los Angeles at parish level a an active outreach ministry with gay and lesbian Catholics, their parents, families and friends.
- Digitiny -DignityUSA envisions and works for a time when Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Catholics are affirmed and experience dignity through the integration of their spirituality with their sexuality, and as beloved persons of God participate fully in all aspects of life within the Church and Society.
- Quest – Quest is a group for lesbian, gay and bisexual Catholics. Its purpose is to proclaim the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ so as to sustain and increase Christian belief among homosexual men and women. They are based in England.
- Christian Gays – Christian Gays is a fellowship of GLBTIQ Christians (and a few other faiths).
- Gay Catholic Info – This website is under development. It will be a resource site for answer questions about living one’s life as being gay and Catholic.
- Only A Part – This is another website that is under development. More information will be available soon about this website.
Documents & Church teachings
- Ministering to Persons with a Homosexual Inclination – The mission of the Church is to bring the Good News of Jesus Christ to all people and to minister to all people in his name. In our time and culture, special challenges are faced by those Church members who carry out this mission among persons who experience same-sex attraction. There are many forces in our society that promote a view of sexuality in general, and of homosexuality in particular, not in accord with God’s purpose and plan for human sexuality. (This is a .pdf file)
- Always Our Children: A Pastoral Message to Parents of Homosexual Children and Suggestions for Pastoral Ministers – The purpose of this pastoral message is to reach out to parents trying to cope with the discovery of homosexuality in their adolescent or adult child. It urges families to draw upon the reservoirs of faith, hope, and love as they face uncharted futures.
- Letter to the Bishops of the Catholic Church Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith – This is the response to the “Always Our Children: A Pastoral Message to Parents of Homosexual Children and Suggestions for Pastoral Ministers” by the Vatican. It was written by Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger.
Other Gay Catholic Blogs
- Gay Catholics – A great blog written by a guy from Australia. The site is set up to help provide resources and shared experience of living one’s life as being Catholic and gay.
- The Gay Catholic – This blog is ran by a fellow American. He share’s his personal thought about being a gay Catholic as well as his life experiences.
- MAD CONFESSIONS OF A GAY, CATHOLIC, REPUBLICAN, COLLEGE FRESHMAN
- The CHASTITY Ring
- Just Another Faithful Catholic
- Intrinsically Gifted – Being Catholic and gay can seem like two opposing identities. I love being Catholic, but living with same sex attractions is at times a burden. It’s also been an immense gift. So how do I reconcile the two? I’m still figuring that out, but hopefully this will be a resource for reflecting and understanding the teachings of the Catholic Church
I do not endorse any of these books. They are books I have either read or just thought they may be helpful to others.
- What the Bible Really Says About Homosexuality by Daniel A. Helminiak – Daniel Helminiak, a Roman Catholic priest, has done careful reading in current biblical scholarship about homosexuality. While cautioning against viewing biblical teaching as “the last word on sexual ethics,” he stresses the need for accurate understanding of what the biblical “facts” are and concludes that “the Bible supplies no real basis for the condemnation of homosexuality.”
- The Truth About Homosexuality: The Cry of the Faithful by Rev. John F. Harvey OSFS – This book addresses the complex moral and pastoral questions involved in both homosexual orientation and activity, including an analysis of lifestyles in accord with the Christian Gospel and those running counter to Christian moral teaching.
- The Courage to Be Chaste by Benedict Groeschel – A contemporary treatment of the traditional theme of chastity that shows that a mature chastity can be loving, peaceful and fulfilled.
- The Search for Happiness: Four Levels of Emotional and Spiritual Growth by Oscar Lukefahr -The Search for Happiness provides an answer to the question, “How can I be happy?” Through stories, Scipture, and common-sense practicality, Father Oscar Lukefahr explores the four levels of happiness, demonstrating how our spiritual and emotional growth are shaped by living each level to the fullest.
If you know of any other websites, books, or anything you feel may be useful to people visiting this blog, please contact me and let me know of them. Thanks. All links on this page are not under my control and I can not ensure the links work or at all times share the same viewpoints I do.
- www.gaychurch.org is a gay affirming Christian web site that features the largest ‘welcoming’ Christian church directory in the world.